Discussion: SAVE The Mentalist From Being Cancelled!!!!Reported This is a featured thread

Showing 1 - 12 of 12  |  Show  posts at a time

carubi867
SAVE The Mentalist From Being Cancelled!!!!
Mar 12 2014, 2:02 AM EDT | Post edited: Mar 12 2014, 2:02 AM EDT
EVERYONE! Please vote to save the show. You only have 2 more days and it's winning so far to be saved from cancellation. I don't know about you, but I want more Jane and Lisbon! It takes two seconds. Please vote.

Vote here: http://www.eonline.com/news/519171/save-one-show-2014-we-re-down-to-the-final-2-vote-for-the-winner-now

And spread the word!
5  out of 6 found this valuable. Do you?    
ScottJohn
ScottJohn
1. RE: SAVE The Mentalist From Being Cancelled!!!!
Mar 12 2014, 11:09 AM EDT | Post edited: Mar 12 2014, 11:18 AM EDT
There's just no way I can vote to save the show until it shows some hopes for getting better. It's really bad and I didn't anticipate things could get as bad as they have from where they were at when the show was interesting. I don't want this show to continue if they can't develop a more interesting storyline. This break from RJ has been very disappointing and extremely boring and they need to get back to that or figure something else out, otherwise there is no point to this show existing.

I'd be awfully surprised if it's not cancelled in the very near future. The only way to save it is for them to make a massive stride soon in offering some kind of entertainment value. Right now it's in the negatives as being an aggravating waste of time and insult to peoples' intelligence. That's not funny or nice to broadcast on TV and shame on them for doing that and shame on the network for letting them get away with it.
3  out of 5 found this valuable. Do you?    
t5000
t5000
2. RE: SAVE The Mentalist From Being Cancelled!!!!
Mar 13 2014, 7:16 AM EDT | Post edited: Mar 13 2014, 7:16 AM EDT
i voted, but B&B is winning !

Which series deserves to win Save One Show 2014?

Beauty and the Beast68.90%
The Mentalist31.10%

1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
t5000
t5000
3. RE: SAVE The Mentalist From Being Cancelled!!!!
Mar 13 2014, 7:19 AM EDT | Post edited: Mar 13 2014, 7:19 AM EDT
"There's just no way I can vote to save the show until it shows some hopes for getting better. It's really bad and I didn't anticipate things could get as bad as they have from where they were at when the show was interesting. I don't want this show to continue if they can't develop a more interesting storyline. This break from RJ has been very disappointing and extremely boring and they need to get back to that or figure something else out, otherwise there is no point to this show existing.

I'd be awfully surprised if it's not cancelled in the very near future. The only way to save it is for them to make a massive stride soon in offering some kind of entertainment value. Right now it's in the negatives as being an aggravating waste of time and insult to peoples' intelligence. That's not funny or nice to broadcast on TV and shame on them for doing that and shame on the network for letting them get away with it."
Your comment is uninformed, the network cbs is who wanted the changes in the show.
They wanted a end to RJ.
If CBS wanted the RJ storyline to continue it would have.
Any true fan of the show would enjoy the show as it is, and if given the time could come up with something else like RJ , but I dont think CBS wants that, they want stand alone shows, not serial.
1  out of 5 found this valuable. Do you?    

carubi867
4. RE: SAVE The Mentalist From Being Cancelled!!!!
Mar 13 2014, 5:50 PM EDT | Post edited: Mar 13 2014, 5:50 PM EDT
"There's just no way I can vote to save the show until it shows some hopes for getting better. It's really bad and I didn't anticipate things could get as bad as they have from where they were at when the show was interesting. I don't want this show to continue if they can't develop a more interesting storyline. This break from RJ has been very disappointing and extremely boring and they need to get back to that or figure something else out, otherwise there is no point to this show existing.

I'd be awfully surprised if it's not cancelled in the very near future. The only way to save it is for them to make a massive stride soon in offering some kind of entertainment value. Right now it's in the negatives as being an aggravating waste of time and insult to peoples' intelligence. That's not funny or nice to broadcast on TV and shame on them for doing that and shame on the network for letting them get away with it."
If you were a true fan you'd know that the whole point of saving the show is to see it go somewhere, to see it come out of the rubble of RJ and bloom into something as awesome or better than it was before. Instead you're all too happy to rant about how bad it is a mere few episodes after the end of RJ. Nice.
2  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    
t5000
t5000
5. RE: SAVE The Mentalist From Being Cancelled!!!!
Mar 13 2014, 10:15 PM EDT | Post edited: Mar 13 2014, 10:15 PM EDT
cbs renewed most of its shows , but the mentalist was not renewed.
The few shows it did not renew, are all probably canceled in may.
There is a slim chance mentalist might get some sort of 7th Season, but right now it looks like this will be the final season.
My guess is the producers were told this would be the last season, and that ratings were not quite good enough, so they tried to end the RJ story for the fans, and then tried to reboot the show in a effort to
renew interest in the show by viewers and CBS.
But since only a few episodes of the reboot have aired cbs did not give it much of a chance.
So the quick end to the RJ story resulted in a somewhat unsatisfactory end to that storyline, and I think CBS is to blame for that, along with the showrunner.

I am going to assume the show is canceled until I hear otherwise.
Sometimes they tells the producers the show is canceled but just dont make it public till may, as they want people to watch the remaining episodes.
I enjoyed the show without the red john eps, and to me those were just a seperate storyline which was interesting, but was dragged out too long and became a mess.
3  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    
ScottJohn
ScottJohn
6. RE: SAVE The Mentalist From Being Cancelled!!!!
Mar 16 2014, 2:15 PM EDT | Post edited: Mar 16 2014, 2:15 PM EDT
"Your comment is uninformed, the network cbs is who wanted the changes in the show.
They wanted a end to RJ.
If CBS wanted the RJ storyline to continue it would have.
Any true fan of the show would enjoy the show as it is, and if given the time could come up with something else like RJ , but I dont think CBS wants that, they want stand alone shows, not serial.
"
I don't follow you on this one. I also don't know where you are getting your information about who ordered what changes. But that doesn't matter, it makes no difference if the producers of the show or the network are responsible for the content we are seeing because the content we are seeing isn't good TV work. I have no way of identifying specific individuals to assign blame to for doing a horrible job and don't care about that anyhow, I only care about the show being a good quality production. And what they want is what they want, and that's the ENTIRE PROBLEM of what I'm talking about! I think what CBS wants SUCKS and they should change their idea of what they want for the interests of audience members like myself that don't like care for their choices.
2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
ScottJohn
ScottJohn
7. RE: SAVE The Mentalist From Being Cancelled!!!!
Mar 16 2014, 2:17 PM EDT | Post edited: Mar 16 2014, 2:17 PM EDT
"If you were a true fan you'd know that the whole point of saving the show is to see it go somewhere, to see it come out of the rubble of RJ and bloom into something as awesome or better than it was before. Instead you're all too happy to rant about how bad it is a mere few episodes after the end of RJ. Nice."
Already commented on this in the other thread, and I am a true fan of the show and arguably one of the biggest fans during the whole run, and I don't know many people that were as engaged in analyzing and dissecting the show to the level that I did on this board. I put in a tremendous amount of time and effort to watch and breakdown this show. And there is no TV show during this time period that I spent more time working on, this was my #1 show of putting in time and effort to follow and discuss and analyze.
2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

milo777
8. RE: SAVE The Mentalist From Being Cancelled!!!!
Apr 3 2014, 5:23 AM EDT | Post edited: Apr 3 2014, 5:23 AM EDT
Been a huge fan for years. First and foremost because of the very tight scripting. That has been lost in the new story-lines. Plot holes galore, loose logic as never before. CBS made a decision, turned the original writers to other tasks and brought in a team of mimic writers that suck large genitals. I pity the cast. True fans want consistent writing. Dumbing down a great program will never succeed. The new writers are hacks, period. Way to go CBS producers. Nice plug for the Feds. Do you find this valuable?    

Maggie70
9. RE: SAVE The Mentalist From Being Cancelled!!!!
Apr 5 2014, 4:25 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 5 2014, 4:25 PM EDT
A couple of days ago Simon was on the Ellen D. show. He said the next day was the final day of shooting the last episode of this season. None of the cast has been told the show is cancelled or renewed. So they are all in the dark. Also read that unlike the other CBS shows, CBS doesn't own The Mentalist, Warner Bros. does. CBS can't capitalize on the popularity of the show around the world, nor does it get residuals from reruns. For what that's worth.
Do you find this valuable?    
CrimsonDoe
CrimsonDoe
10. RE: SAVE The Mentalist From Being Cancelled!!!!
Apr 14 2014, 2:26 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 14 2014, 2:26 PM EDT
Its been great following 'The Mentalist' I loved this show so much and found it way better than anything else on TV ever. The next episode could never come soon enough.
But with this current season, everything just seems so dumb and lame. The writers have lost their flair and now I just hope they cancel the show before it becomes any crappier so that it is remembered as the great show it is.
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
CrimsonDoe
CrimsonDoe
11. RE: SAVE The Mentalist From Being Cancelled!!!!
Apr 14 2014, 2:30 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 14 2014, 2:30 PM EDT

I hear you. Fully agree, this was one of my all time favorite shows until this season. I loved it much more than any other show I've ever watched (and that's a lot) but this season's episodes seem to give me a feeling of being written by some dumb high school kids.
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on WikiFoundry Central.)