Discussion: Jane created Red JohnReported This is a featured thread

Showing 6 posts

HaveARayDay
Jane created Red John
Aug 26 2012, 8:07 AM EDT | Post edited: Aug 26 2012, 8:07 AM EDT
I'm still in the middle of Season 4, and it hit me that Jane may be responsible for Red John. I don't think he is Red John, but I think he created him. Perhaps when Jane was a psychic, he purposely created a villain that would cause the media to seek him for appearances. Or, perhaps it was a bet gone wrong between him and his father whereas Jane was challenged by his old man and told he'd never be able to catch someone with his same talent and abilities.

This season we saw what Jane used to be like before the death of his wife and child. He was basically an attention ***** with no morals or qualms. I think he used his hypnotic ability to create the Red John persona (as either a challenge or game) and something went unexpectedly wrong. Like Frankenstein, he created a monster. So, because Jane made the Red John character with similar abilities and tastes as his own, that is why they appear to be yin-yang. Similarly, the Red John character can hypnotize people which is why he hasn't been stopped.

The Red John is a personality that is bigger than one person, and unfortunately for Jane, his creation got out of hand. I think that multiple people are, or have been Red John and are triggered at different times for different purposes. This is why Jane can't stop him/it. This is also why Jane is so secretive. He can't let anyone know that ultimately, he is behind the Red John murders. Also, did anyone notice in episode 13 of season 4 when Red John was sitting in front of the blind woman, Rosalind Harker, he was using a tea cup and saucer, wearing a jacket and slacks, and crossed his legs, all of which Jane does. Because of that scene we know that Jane isn't Red John, however they share similar tastes and habits. So, after 5 years of feeling guilty, helpless, and like it was impossible to do--Jane is working with the CBI stop the personality he created.
6  out of 11 found this valuable. Do you?    

SteRR
1. RE: Jane created Red John
Aug 26 2012, 8:15 AM EDT | Post edited: Aug 26 2012, 8:15 AM EDT
For me RJ is Bertram. Look my posts in RJ's topic, and look the photos that I linked. Do you find this valuable?    
RJinFrance
RJinFrance
2. RE: Jane created Red John
Aug 26 2012, 8:23 AM EDT | Post edited: Aug 26 2012, 8:23 AM EDT
This is an interesting idea. Someone from his past who he may have inadvertently turned into a "Red John" somehow, or a contest with his father. I have created a timeline of sorts which include many dates from the past and which were merely referred to during each episode. It does show how this story started many years ago even when Patrick was young and working with his "father". I've also come up with many very interesting connections between episodes and seasons that must be more than just coincidence. And as Patrick says, (lol) "there are no coincidences." Here a just a couple of places where I've found connections.
At the end of Season 3, I still don’t think we know enough about the first 8 women that Red John has killed. Does he kill only red-heads? What character traits did they have in common? During Patrick’s pilot series flashback, there had been 8 victims. When Bosco took over, there were 15. In calculating the numbers, Red John could be killing one a year beginning around 1996 or 1997 (not counting Patrick’s family). In a different Patrick flashback, if subtitles are activated, we see that Patrick’s “father’s” name was Alex, and complains of having had to care for Patrick all these years. Perhaps Alex is just a stepfather, or family friend, who stepped when Patrick had no one else.
0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
RJinFrance
RJinFrance
3. RE: Jane created Red John
Aug 26 2012, 8:24 AM EDT | Post edited: Aug 26 2012, 8:24 AM EDT
Here is more that I've found.
In S1E23, Ruth and Dylan’s reality murder videos bring up the name Grady Shipp. Rigsby tells of a Grady Shipp who was executed in 2002 in Arkansas for murder—killing and eating his next door neighbors. Patrick, also, remembers that in 1989 Orval Tanner was in the same wing in Lompoc prison as Grady Shipp. Another time, in the episode when Jared Renfrew was in prison for killing Undine Kopecki, an old link was found between Jared and Red John shows that he had shared a cell in Lompoc in 1998 for 6 months with Orval Tanner, who had been on trial for a murder for which he claimed to be only the accomplice. It’s at this time that Van Pelt discovers the autopsy report Orval Tanner’s murder victim which verifies the same Red John killing style. The interesting thing about this autopsy report is that the murder victim’s name is Alex (or Al** Davis), the same first name as Patrick’s “father.”
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
RJinFrance
RJinFrance
4. RE: Jane created Red John
Aug 26 2012, 8:28 AM EDT | Post edited: Aug 26 2012, 8:35 AM EDT
I've noticed a lot of 'weird' coincidences. For instance, in Seasons 1, 2 and 3 there are episodes which seem to be able to connect Max Winter to many other things besides the killing of Henry Dahl. Max Winter had bought a gun illegally from a gun trafficker (8 years before the time of this episode) which corresponds to the ‘business’ run by Manuel Montero who had gone to high school with Todd Johnson. Max Winter, an investment property fund manager, purchased a warehouse used for evidence storage, including DNA. Bosco and his team were working on a lead about a warehouse where evidence storage, including DNA, had been stored when they learned about Carter Peak’s body during excavation of the site. The girl on the beach in Season 1 was named Christine Tanner (same last name as Orval and Dumar), and her father works in the construction industry. Condos were being built on the property where she was killed. Rosalind Harker says that Roy Taliafero smelled of pine and dirt and nails. The Tanner Property where Emma Plaskette was being kept was located on Sparrow’s Peak Road and had undergone some recent construction. Roy Taliafero either owns or works for the property investment company called Cut Iron Properties which had recently purchased the property on Sparrow's Peak Road. Is it a big stretch to think that this company could be managed by Max Winter?
2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
vicp12
vicp12
5. RE: Jane created Red John
Oct 16 2012, 12:11 AM EDT | Post edited: Oct 16 2012, 12:11 AM EDT
Red John is a Mentalist on the crazed disorder side of life. He is very real and he has a legion of minions who are willing to do his bidding and commit suicide if caught. Their level of commitment is only surpassed by suicide bombers and the 9/11 terrorists. Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on WikiFoundry Central.)