kat1919
Original Character names!!
May 18 2009, 3:22 PM EDT | Post edited: May 18 2009, 3:26 PM EDT
Original Present
Daniel Jane - Patrick Jane
Wayne Gilzean - Wayne Rigsby
Kendall Cho - Kimball Cho
Melody Van Pelt - Grace Van Pelt

This is how Bruno Heller had their names in the script.
http://leethomson.myzen.co.uk/Mentalist,_The_-_1x01_-_Pilot.pdf

Is'nt it funny! What do you think?
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
Keyword tags: None
PetitJ
PetitJ
1. RE: Original Character names!!
May 18 2009, 3:37 PM EDT | Post edited: May 18 2009, 3:37 PM EDT
it was fun read that! but is a relief too see that the writers changed some names...i mean..."Melody" like Van Pelt first name???...don´t works for me...or Daniel for Jane. Do you find this valuable?    
kat1919
kat1919
2. RE: Original Character names!!
May 18 2009, 4:13 PM EDT | Post edited: May 18 2009, 4:13 PM EDT
I agree, Daniel is kinda creepy. :) Do you find this valuable?    
AmandaBlovesPatrick
AmandaBlovesPatrick
3. RE: Original Character names!!
May 19 2009, 7:36 PM EDT | Post edited: May 19 2009, 7:36 PM EDT
Oh no, I can't imagine Patrick being called Daniel either! He's definitely Patrick :~D

AmandaBlovesPatrick :~)
Do you find this valuable?    
Icekit13
Icekit13
4. RE: Original Character names!!
May 24 2009, 9:25 AM EDT | Post edited: May 24 2009, 9:25 AM EDT
I would have hated for Daniel to be Jane's name....*shivers* Do you find this valuable?    
mibaju
mibaju
5. RE: Original Character names!!
Jun 2 2009, 2:28 AM EDT | Post edited: Jun 2 2009, 2:28 AM EDT
Would it be the other way round when their names now would have been Daniel, Melody etc. and the original names Patrick and Grace? :-)
Now we're used to that names and maybe can't imagine anything else. But I like the names they now have as well better than the others. ;-)
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

janedoe_6247
6. RE: Original Character names!!
Jun 2 2009, 6:40 AM EDT | Post edited: Dec 17 2009, 2:58 PM EST
Wow! That is funny! I'm also glad they changed the names a little bit. I agree with everyone else: Daniel wouldn't have fit Jane. It just sounds wierd! The same thing applies to Melody Van Pelt and Wayne Gilzean. I don't think Kendall Cho would have been that bad, though. However, I still like Kimball Cho. Do you find this valuable?    
VibesofRigsbyxGrace
VibesofRigsbyxGrace
7. RE: Original Character names!!
Jun 5 2009, 9:51 PM EDT | Post edited: Jun 5 2009, 9:51 PM EDT
awww their post script names were cute and interesting everything but daniel. hahahah can u imagine Lisbon shouting GILZEAN lol and i think Melody would have been just as pretty as Grace. i just imagine Rigsby drugged in flame red episode and repeating Melody over and over again and hahah Grace would humm to herself ahahaha that would be soooo cute!! Do you find this valuable?    
the_mentalist_#1fan
the_mentalist_#1fan
8. RE: Original Character names!!
Jun 6 2009, 4:41 PM EDT | Post edited: Jun 6 2009, 4:41 PM EDT
I agree that they were cute, but I'm glad that they changed some of them. I agree with VibesofRigsbyxGrace that Melody would've worked just as beautifully as Grace, but Gilzean is just... weird! I mean, no offense! But he doesn't even look like a Gilzean! And Daniel... cool name, but not for Jane! Hee hee! I personally like Kendal Cho better than Kimball but hey, Kimball works for him too!

And Lisbon's name was just perfect for Robin so they didn't even have to change it! I think it fits with her perfectly... in my opinion!

imokay
9. RE: Original Character names!!
Jun 6 2009, 4:53 PM EDT | Post edited: Jun 6 2009, 4:53 PM EDT
soooo weird, i mean i got used to their true names!
you know when you meet somone and you don't know their name but after they say it to you, they just fit to it and you can't even imagine another name to that person?? well that's how i feel about their names, they are just meant to them!! they transmite their personality and i think that that is the most important thing to a name!!! it has to say who you are!!!!
nikki_face
nikki_face
10. RE: Original Character names!!
Jun 15 2009, 8:33 AM EDT | Post edited: Jun 15 2009, 8:33 AM EDT
It's strange thinking of them with different names..
I agree, I think Jane is definately a Partick and I don't think he would have suited being Daniel.
Very interesting.
:)
Patrick-lover-16
Patrick-lover-16
11. RE: Original Character names!!
Aug 12 2009, 10:17 AM EDT | Post edited: Aug 12 2009, 10:17 AM EDT
I was reading the first draft of the pilot episode on the internet because, you know, I'm THAT sad lol. I read Daniel Jane and I thought 'thank god they changed it'
He's such a Patrick :D

x

canttouchthis202
12. RE: Original Character names!!
Sep 19 2009, 5:51 PM EDT | Post edited: Sep 19 2009, 5:51 PM EDT
"awww their post script names were cute and interesting everything but daniel. hahahah can u imagine Lisbon shouting GILZEAN lol and i think Melody would have been just as pretty as Grace. i just imagine Rigsby drugged in flame red episode and repeating Melody over and over again and hahah Grace would humm to herself ahahaha that would be soooo cute!! "
Although, I just have to reply, your username would have to be VibesofGilzeanxMelody... but i kinda like how that sounds. :) Also, how would we give them a cute combination of their names?

janedoe_6247
13. RE: Original Character names!!
Sep 22 2009, 2:38 PM EDT | Post edited: Feb 7 2010, 5:08 AM EST
"Wow! That is funny! I'm also glad they changed the names a little bit. I agree with everyone else: Daniel wouldn't have fit Jane. It just sounds wierd! The same thing applies to Melody Van Pelt and Wayne Gilzean. I don't think Kendall Cho would have been that bad, though. However, I still like Kimball Cho."
Okay, I've had time to think about it.

1) Daniel just wouldn't have worked for me. I have family members named Daniel, and I don't think I could handle listening to the name all the time.
2) I actually do like the name Melody Van Pelt. In fact, my name is Mèlodie in French class. I just, at first, didn't think it would sound that great.
3) I can't even figure out how to pronounce Gilzean. I think Rigsby is a better (and more pronounceable) name.
4) Kendall Cho or Kimball Cho, I like both.

canttouchthis202
14. RE: Original Character names!!
Sep 23 2009, 6:03 AM EDT | Post edited: Sep 23 2009, 6:03 AM EDT
I like the names the characters have now because almost all of them have a street of the same name in Chicago- there's a Wayne, Grace, Kimball, Kilpatrick (it's as close as I could find to Patrick). I'm still looking for a Teresa street. I'm sure there is one, I just haven't stumbled across it yet! Do you find this valuable?    
amk358
amk358
15. RE: Original Character names!!
Sep 23 2009, 6:14 AM EDT | Post edited: Sep 23 2009, 6:14 AM EDT
I like the names that they've got, I'm glad he didn't stick with the originals! Do you find this valuable?    
Jisbon13
Jisbon13
16. RE: Original Character names!!
Jul 31 2010, 5:10 PM EDT | Post edited: Jul 31 2010, 5:10 PM EDT
Yeah the names are better the way they are now. I like Lisbon is still Lisbon. But Oh. My. Gosh. That script was just great! They changed a couple of things though but it was for the best. Did anyone else actually read it? Cuz I seriously wish they would've left Jane naked in the hotel scene and Lisbon walking into the hotel with the 'naked crazy man' hahah Do you find this valuable?    

ducrichy
17. RE: Original Character names!!
Aug 4 2010, 12:22 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 4 2010, 12:22 PM EDT
hahaaa wow they sure had strange names before! Im so glad that they changed them into how they are right now! they really fit the characters Do you find this valuable?    
SummerAutumn77
SummerAutumn77
18. RE: Original Character names!!
Dec 4 2010, 10:28 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 4 2010, 10:28 PM EST
I dont know I think Melody Van Pelt probably would have worked. Anything like Hope, Faith, Melody or Grace would have worked. I went and read the script (yes I'm that obsessed thank you!) and it was quite strange coz they cut out little parts that would have been great! Do you find this valuable?    
gabudv
gabudv
19. RE: Original Character names!!
Dec 4 2010, 11:39 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 4 2010, 11:39 PM EST
they have used those names in some of the episodes like:
Daniel Ruskin
Melody (mother of that killer in Scarlett Fever)
2 | Next