Discussion: Who is Red John?Reported This is a featured thread

Showing 11141 - 11160 of 14002  |  Show  posts at a time
First < Previous | 556 557 558 559 560 | Next > Last

Nasonex
11276. RE: Who is Red John?
Nov 4 2013, 4:40 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 4 2013, 4:40 AM EST
can BP still be alive? is it possible that RJ with all his resources manages to convince the team that he is dead?
RJ knows PJ knows he is one of 7 people. What would you do if you were RJ? I know what I would do. I would either kill PJ or make myself disappear from the list.
2  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    
Feint1
Feint1
11277. RE: Who is Red John?
I went back to sleep but had too many ideas in my mind, lol.

Anyway, the promo sort of "proves" one of the thoughts I had. Jane suspects the three tattooed suspects but finds out about the organization. His "He's one of them" comment in the promo refers to the 'dead' suspects, not the law enforcement people inside the building seen in the promo.

Alternatively, it could also just be that "He's one of them" means Red John is one of the law enforcement organization members. That wouldn't be a huge surprise to us, though, as we currently know more than Jane. Next episode doesn't seem nearly as promising as last night's episode, I hope there's more to it than the Tyger Tyger part.
1  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

newmentalistfan
11278. RE: Who is Red John?
""Stiles was whistling "Clementine". - Strange lyrics....
http://www.greatdreams.com/clem.htm

Btw - newmentalistfan was right about Stiles beeing ill.

Edit: Was the wrong link...
"
Thanks GermanRedJane. The promotional photo kinda gave it away"
Also RJinFrance has been saying even specifically about cancer.. She must be psychic! :-)
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

newmentalistfan
11279. RE: Who is Red John?
Nov 4 2013, 4:46 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 4 2013, 4:46 AM EST
"When Haffner is walking into the diner to meet Lisbon, he's talking with a client of his on the phone. His client's name is Don, who has a "vindictive screwball" of a mistress about to ruin this guy's life. Haffner gives Don instructions to write her a check for a large sum of money. If that doesn't work, then he knows plenty other ways to keep a woman quiet.

When Haffner wanted to recuit Lisbon, he described his new private investigation agency as one that appeals to "high-end" clients.

Lisbon convinced Haffner to "give up" what he knew about how to find Stiles. He gave her the name of a guy with a private jet. She was able to do this favor for her by telling him that one day he will need a favor in return. He had already told her he wasn't Red John. I think Haffner has no plans of disappearing. He likes his new job and wants to keep doing it.

I don't think that sounds like a Red John candidate.

"
if Ray Haffner is Red John, he will find it amusing to be in the meeting to see what Jane is upto. So, I wouldn't rule him out. I am not a fan of him being Red John, but if the writers want to write that way, we just have to take it.

He sounded like frustrated with his job rather than being happy.

He did say high end clients and another time he said he is doing well and he wears expensive suits. That means that we are supposed to get that information that he is getting more money now.
I think he is not Red John too, but if he is not Red John then no one on the list is Red John. There is someone else who is not on the list.
2  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    
RJinFrance
RJinFrance
11280. RE: Who is Red John?
Nov 4 2013, 4:50 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 4 2013, 4:50 AM EST
"Also RJinFrance has been saying even specifically about cancer.. She must be psychic! :-)"
Thank you newmentalistfan!! I almost brought that up, but then decided to just let it go.

I'm not psychic. lol That disease, along with car accidents are the major causes of death in this show. :-)
3  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    
RJinFrance
RJinFrance
11281. RE: Who is Red John?
Nov 4 2013, 4:54 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 4 2013, 4:54 AM EST
"No, it's written nowhere, but I recognized the song. I'm quite sure, I'm right.
I cannot hear "Alouette"... (although I know it)"
You're right, it is Clementine. But Stiles doesn't seem to be a "great" whistler.
1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

newmentalistfan
11282. RE: Who is Red John?
Nov 4 2013, 4:56 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 4 2013, 5:05 AM EST
"Thank you newmentalistfan!! I almost brought that up, but then decided to just let it go.

I'm not psychic. lol That disease, along with car accidents are the major causes of death in this show. :-)"
lol.

Sorry I didn't mention it in the first instance itself. I was quickly browsing through comments and doing few other things.

btw, I have made notes from my first impression. I will have to update a few things.
http://findingredjohn.wordpress.com/2013/11/04/s6e6-fire-and-brimstone/

GermanRedJane
11283. RE: Who is Red John?
Nov 4 2013, 5:05 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 4 2013, 5:05 AM EST
For those, who are interested in Clementine, wiki has some infos. The contemporary use of this song is interesting.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oh_My_Darling,_Clementine
Do you find this valuable?    
AlexLeeson
AlexLeeson
11284. RE: Who is Red John?
Nov 4 2013, 5:15 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 4 2013, 5:23 AM EST
Well with the way Rigsby is pointing at the suspects on the board, I'm assuming they died in the explosion, which means the wiki cast list is correct. ;-)

If they are dead, then this opens up many possibilities.

- Red John is either Bertram or Smith

- Red John has faked his own death, which means Partridge, Stiles, McAllister and Haffner, can still be considered suspects. And out of those deaths, Partridge's death is definitely the most suspicious, most people have noticed that Patrick didn't even bother to check the body, and the team has practically forgotten that he even existed. They seem to be investigating Kirklands death, but aren’t doing anything about Partridge. And didn't they say we were going to find out why Partridge had to die first? Perhaps our favourite forensics technician is making a return. ;-)

- Michael Kirkland, perhaps he is technically on the list, RJ being one of the Kirklands would be an interesting twist. And we know from this episode that Stiles likes to help people he finds interesting, perhaps he was the one who helped Michael, but things went south and he killed those people on the Eliston farm?

- Red John is not of the list. I highly doubt that's the case, but it's still a possibility.

9  out of 10 found this valuable. Do you?    
Feint1
Feint1
11285. RE: Who is Red John?
Nov 4 2013, 5:27 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 4 2013, 5:27 AM EST
"If they are dead, then this opens up many possibilities.

"
Good points, all of them. If Bertram and Smith really were to be the last two choices with no last moment twist, Red John's identity would be quite obvious. I think everyone here agrees Smith would be the most ridiculous Red John.

Red John having faked his own death sounds like the likeliest scenario. An explosion is without a doubt the best way to do that. Partridge is still a possibility as well. Kirkland not so much, really.

Red John not being on the list is still a possibility, but that would have to be found out in the final moments of episode 8. If it were to happen already in episode 7, the disappointment would eat up the climax. I think the only way to pull that off at this point is to keep following the list until the end, and then have Jane do some quick thinking and planning to clear everything and trap Red John. Difficult to do and there's the risk of disappointing the viewers bigtime, but I think Heller does enjoy taking risks.
0  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

newmentalistfan
11286. RE: Who is Red John?
Nov 4 2013, 5:36 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 4 2013, 5:48 AM EST
"Well with the way Rigsby is pointing at the suspects on the board, I'm assuming they died in the explosion, which means the wiki cast list is correct. ;-)"
does he also say, "Jane and the other suspects are dead"? ;-)

newmentalistfan
11287. RE: Who is Red John?
Nov 4 2013, 5:44 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 4 2013, 5:44 AM EST
"Red John not being on the list is still a possibility, but that would have to be found out in the final moments of episode 8. If it were to happen already in episode 7, the disappointment would eat up the climax."
wasn't the next episode (7) going to be aired after the Red John reveal episode originally and then they swapped the episodes and then they gave the titles out? So, the next episode will be mostly about Jane and the team finding out about the TT people. it may have some clues and some continuing story line to take us to the next episode but it is going to be lot less about who RJ is I think.
Do you find this valuable?    

newmentalistfan
11288. RE: Who is Red John?
Nov 4 2013, 5:46 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 4 2013, 6:12 AM EST
"- Red John has faked his own death, which means Partridge, Stiles, McAllister and Haffner, can still be considered suspects. And out of those deaths, Partridge's death is definitely the most suspicious, most people have noticed that Patrick didn't even bother to check the body, and the team has practically forgotten that he even existed. They seem to be investigating Kirklands death, but aren’t doing anything about Partridge. And didn't they say we were going to find out why Partridge had to die first? Perhaps our favourite forensics technician is making a return. ;-)
"
Heller said that it will be revealed why Partridge has to die at this time in one of the episodes before the Red John reveal. I haven't been able to find that reveal yet. :-(
2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

NightwingNoVA
11289. RE: Who is Red John?
Nov 4 2013, 6:01 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 4 2013, 6:01 AM EST
"Good points, all of them. If Bertram and Smith really were to be the last two choices with no last moment twist, Red John's identity would be quite obvious. I think everyone here agrees Smith would be the most ridiculous Red John.

Red John having faked his own death sounds like the likeliest scenario. An explosion is without a doubt the best way to do that. Partridge is still a possibility as well. Kirkland not so much, really.

Red John not being on the list is still a possibility, but that would have to be found out in the final moments of episode 8. If it were to happen already in episode 7, the disappointment would eat up the climax. I think the only way to pull that off at this point is to keep following the list until the end, and then have Jane do some quick thinking and planning to clear everything and trap Red John. Difficult to do and there's the risk of disappointing the viewers bigtime, but I think Heller does enjoy taking risks. "
Thought it was silly to kill off the other suspects now that we know it's down to three.

But, of course, no footage as to who brought in anything that might conceal a bomb. :(
zodijackyl_light
zodijackyl_light
11290. RE: Who is Red John?
Nov 4 2013, 6:35 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 4 2013, 6:35 AM EST
"Never heard of leukemia...? Woah.

And yeah I loved his comment on Van Pelt's marriage. How respectful of him, lol. "
doesn't have to only be leukaemia my friends ;)

any (yeah any) form or cancer can end up with metastasis... which is the spread of all cancerous cell stimulating toxins and agents in the blood, spreading the cancer to all parts of the body!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metastasis

;)
zodijackyl_light
zodijackyl_light
11291. RE: Who is Red John?
Nov 4 2013, 6:39 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 4 2013, 6:39 AM EST
"can BP still be alive? is it possible that RJ with all his resources manages to convince the team that he is dead?
RJ knows PJ knows he is one of 7 people. What would you do if you were RJ? I know what I would do. I would either kill PJ or make myself disappear from the list.
"
well i said that as many before, that BP is one of the best ppl in the world to FAKE his death, u know.. its his thing! so i guess yeah :-/
0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
zodijackyl_light
zodijackyl_light
11292. RE: Who is Red John?
Nov 4 2013, 6:46 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 4 2013, 6:46 AM EST
"Well with the way Rigsby is pointing at the suspects on the board, I'm assuming they died in the explosion, which means the wiki cast list is correct. ;-)

If they are dead, then this opens up many possibilities.

- Red John is either Bertram or Smith

- Red John has faked his own death, which means Partridge, Stiles, McAllister and Haffner, can still be considered suspects. And out of those deaths, Partridge's death is definitely the most suspicious, most people have noticed that Patrick didn't even bother to check the body, and the team has practically forgotten that he even existed. They seem to be investigating Kirklands death, but aren’t doing anything about Partridge. And didn't they say we were going to find out why Partridge had to die first? Perhaps our favourite forensics technician is making a return. ;-)

- Michael Kirkland, perhaps he is technically on the list, RJ being one of the Kirklands would be an interesting twist. And we know from this episode that Stiles likes to help people he finds interesting, perhaps he was the one who helped Michael, but things went south and he killed those people on the Eliston farm?

- Red John is not of the list. I highly doubt that's the case, but it's still a possibility.

"
lets just notice that rigsby said : the explosion killed JANE and the other suspects! clearly hiding jane from sights for a reason, and maybe also hiding the other 3? or one or two of them?
0  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    
zodijackyl_light
zodijackyl_light
11293. RE: Who is Red John?
Nov 4 2013, 6:49 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 4 2013, 6:49 AM EST
"

"
i thought of that a lot, but the kirklands are identical twins eh? and unless michael changed his face, and had loads of plastic surgeries, then bob was going to be identified by any decibels as RJ! but we see him asking everyone or suspect or decibel in Rj's network the same question: do you recognise me? :-/
AlexLeeson
AlexLeeson
11294. RE: Who is Red John?
Nov 4 2013, 6:56 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 4 2013, 6:57 AM EST
"lets just notice that rigsby said : the explosion killed JANE and the other suspects! clearly hiding jane from sights for a reason, and maybe also hiding the other 3? or one or two of them?
"
"Red John brought in the bomb to kill Jane and the other suspects"

He doesn't say anything about Jane being killed. ;-)
3  out of 7 found this valuable. Do you?    
RJinFrance
RJinFrance
11295. RE: Who is Red John?
Nov 4 2013, 7:03 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 4 2013, 7:27 AM EST
Patrick was seen sending SMS messages to each suspect around 12:30, actually it was 12:37. Not sure he sent the message to everyone during that time, but it gave that impression. Lisbon comes into his loft while he doing this, at least it appears to be at the same moment. She says they have a long way to go, so they need to leave. Patrick stops after some time to watch the sunset.

Comparing time frames to the previous couple episodes, we find that in S6E4, Hightower faked her death on July 15; she and her kids had been dead for 2 weeks, according to Van Pelt. Kirkland is arrested a day or so after Patrick talked with Hightower. Kirkland dies about 3 days after being arrested. This is sometime in August. In S6E5, Rigsby tells Lisbon that a report had just come in saying Kirkland was dead.

Anyway, S6E6 must be in mid to late August. Sunset times in California during late August through September range in time from 6:00 to 7:30. (This is a wide range of possibilities)

The 5 suspects arrive at 8 pm. Patrick arrived a bit earlier, maybe around 7:30. It takes somewhere between 6 to 6½ hours to drive from Sacramento, Napa Valley, San Francisco to Malibu, CA.

If each suspect left their respective cities at 12:37, then Patrick gave each of them an 1½ to 2 hour head start.

Lisbon has been seen many times in this series to have some kind of knowledge of explosives. At least she's been known to be able to disarm them.

Haffner told Patrick there was a "comeuppance" heading his way one day soon. Lisbon and Haffner made a deal for favors at the cafe. At the house with Patrick, Haffner was itching to get out of there. Lisbon called Patrick, after taking possession of the guy's car and phone, that Patrick was in danger.

EDIT

My guess: Both Haffner and Lisbon knew there was a bomb.

3  out of 12 found this valuable. Do you?    
First < Previous | 556 557 558 559 560 | Next > Last