Discussion: Who is Red John?Reported This is a featured thread

Showing 10141 - 10160 of 14038  |  Show  posts at a time
First < Previous | 506 507 508 509 510 | Next > Last
JudgeJim
JudgeJim
10276. RE: Who is Red John?
Oct 27 2013, 11:11 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 27 2013, 11:11 PM EDT
"As for RJ's connection to Tiger Tiger, it just seems odd to me that he would quote the poem to Jane if he's not a part of the group. "
Was the guy who saved Patrick's life in the season 2 finale, by killing some real bad guys, actually Red John? This is when we first hear Tyger Tyger. He asked Patrick if he knew who he was, and Patrick said yes. However, as we saw in the finale of Season 3, Timothy Carter was not RJ, but Patrick thought he was.
7  out of 9 found this valuable. Do you?    

JRH1234
10277. RE: Who is Red John?
Oct 27 2013, 11:20 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 27 2013, 11:20 PM EDT
SPOILER ALERT!

Thoughts on the episode:

-Wayne Rigsby is toast. His statement to Cho that "this is happiest I've ever been" is basically a giant sign saying this character will die.

-Glad to see that they're following up on the murder of Kirkland. I have a feeling that this will lead to Rigsby's death, as he was the one who talked to the investigating detective and seemed really suspicious of the detective.

-They seem to be rushing the RJ story a little bit after pacing themselves rather slowly the previous seasons. I think the competition against Sunday Night Football along with the constant time delays are effecting the ratings so it looks like they're trying to bring a story to a close.

-More cryptic stuff about Haffner. He warns Jane about getting a comeuppance, he warns GVP and Lisbon not to be around Jane because he's pissed off powerful people, besides RJ. And he showed a phobia to spiders.

-Jane surmises that Visualize didn't plant bug based on his cold read of Cooper at the end. So if Visualize didn't plant bug, then RJ did(?). I'm not sure about Jane's leap in logic. Assuming his cold read of Cooper was accurate, couldn't have been another Visualize member who hired Kara (sp?)? And does he think RJ operates outside of Visualize? Then why are 2 of his suspects Visualize members? This part of the episode was very confusing.

-We find out Bret Stiles has been missing since Jane received the Lorelei tape from RJ. At this point, Stiles and Haffner are looking like the most likely suspects. As MikeH pointed out, the Bertram/Smith/McAllister meeting showed none of the characters really being in control of the meeting. Haffner and Stiles are really the only ones remaining.

TO BE CONTINUED
10  out of 10 found this valuable. Do you?    
@MikeH
@MikeH
10278. RE: Who is Red John?
Oct 27 2013, 11:27 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 27 2013, 11:27 PM EDT
"Just wanted to remind everybody it's delayed again on EST of course."
I'm on EST time and the show started right on time at 10pm. No football related delay this weekend.
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

0Signal
10279. RE: Who is Red John?
Oct 27 2013, 11:31 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 27 2013, 11:31 PM EDT
Great episode... still digesting. Some observations:

-Stiles has disappeared
-Haffner is afraid of spiders
-Red John Haas a tattoo of three dots on his left arm
-Haffner gave a very deliberate look to Van Pelt around 23:30 mins...
-Red John had to hire a PI to bug CBI...

Seems like they are making it look like it's Haffner... but he earlier admitted he still had friends in the CBI... why would he need to bug the office... he could have done it himself... I don't think RJ is on the list but Stiles will give away when PJ corners the Fab 5 next week
10  out of 12 found this valuable. Do you?    

sloanketter1ng
10280. RE: Who is Red John?
Oct 27 2013, 11:35 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 27 2013, 11:40 PM EDT
@0Signal -

I can't wait for that meeting with the 5 suspects.
Stiles is every bit on Jane's level, or more at reading people. If Stiles isn't RJ and he and Jane were in the same room, you would have to think that the two of them would be a great tandem at figuring out who RJ is. Unless Stiles has a loyalty to RJ. Be that as it may, they aren't promoting that we find out RJ's identity next week, so something is going to happen in that meeting that doesn't go well.
4  out of 10 found this valuable. Do you?    
My_Blue_Username
My_Blue_Username
10281. RE: Who is Red John?
Oct 27 2013, 11:36 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 27 2013, 11:36 PM EDT
As someone has already posted about the episode, i'll no longer keep shtum.

There will be spoilers.

Right, so now we know that RJ has a tattoo, i think we'll find out next week who he is, PJ's apparently gathering all the suspects, all he has to do is ask to see their left arm, and he'll have his guy. Doesn't take 3 episodes to check 5 people's arms. So by my theory, we'll meet RJ next episode, and he'll be dealt with in the great red dragon, and his backstory will be explained in Red John. Then we move onto the tyger organisation as the big bad guys for the remainder of the show.

Regarding RJ's identity, this episode pushed Haffner, who i've suspected for a long time. However, today has put me off Haffner as RJ. We know he has arachnophobia, but it just seems too obvious. I know typical audiences are dumb, but if it turns out RJ is Haffner, then today basically spelled it out for the audience.
8  out of 8 found this valuable. Do you?    
@MikeH
@MikeH
10282. RE: Who is Red John?
Oct 27 2013, 11:43 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 27 2013, 11:43 PM EDT
"Great episode... still digesting.
-Red John Haas a tattoo of three dots on his left arm"
We could only hear the girl say tattoo. And she had the 3 drops of blood on her upper arm/ shoulder which Jame smeared off. So i'm not sure what to make of that scene... gotta think about it more. Was Jane telling the truth to Lisbon??
9  out of 9 found this valuable. Do you?    

Investigation
10283. RE: Who is Red John?
Oct 27 2013, 11:43 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 27 2013, 11:54 PM EDT
"But the common theme is that both were killed... by RJ himself or an accomplice. Could he be hunting the Tiger Tiger group? Probably not, but it's a possibility. "
Todd Johnson was killed by O'Laughlin. His direct handler, through whom he received his orders, was Timothy Carter falsely claiming to Jane to be Jane's Red John. O'Laughlin was ordered to kill Lisbon, Van Pelt, and Hightower. However Hightower and Van Pelt killed O'Laughlin instead.

O'Laughlin was FBI just like Smith. O'Laughlin's last call was to or from his handler Timothy Carter. That is how Lisbon was able to re-dial the number on O'Laughlin's phone leading directly back to Timothy Carter and relay that to Jane.

Brett Partridge was killed by Jane's Red John.

Anyone notice that Haffner pronouces's Lisbon's name very strangely? Not Te-resa. But Tree-suh. Someone on another Mentalist forum said he or she listened very closely to the voice on the phone wih Jane telling him Lisbon was unavailable. That unseen voice also pronounced it Tree-suh. Dropping the letter e between the letters T and r.
4  out of 9 found this valuable. Do you?    

JRH1234
10284. RE: Who is Red John?
Oct 27 2013, 11:44 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 27 2013, 11:44 PM EDT
-Assuming the killer at end was RJ, I can't believe it was Bret Stiles. The attacker seemed a bit taller than Stiles, and I don't think a man Stiles's age could have overpowered a younger and in-shape PI. The killer did not leave a smiley face at the scene, but the police were pulling up, so he didn't have time to leave his mark.

-The "red tattoo" clue is a bit confusing. How did she know? The killer seems fully clothed when he comes in. Unless she ripped some of his clothes during struggle or had seen him earlier with tattoo revealed.

-RJ apparently hired a private detective to bug the CBI office. Well, If Haffner is RJ, why didn't he plant a bug when he at the office this episode? Why get the PI involved?

-It's beating a dead horse, but this episode has to lay to rest any "Jane or other main characters is RJ." Rigsby, GVP, and Cho are at headquarters while Lisbon and Jane are driving to murder scene and we know the murder is being done while they're racing there.

-Well, it would be a little weird, but we could go back and look for any male character not wearing a shirt who has a red tattoo on his left shoulder. That of course doesn't account for a character getting a later tattoo.

-Patrick Jane's statement near the end that "the trick was that there was no trick" strongly suggests to me that the list is genuine. None of the remaining 5 make much sense (yet), but it look like that's the way they're going.

-A plus of today's episode is Lisbon again acting as her more assertive self and not Jane's sounding board.

-Next episode has Jane corner all five suspects. We also find out more about RJ's connection to Visualize. This should be interesting.
7  out of 8 found this valuable. Do you?    

andrsf
10285. RE: Who is Red John?
Oct 27 2013, 11:44 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 27 2013, 11:44 PM EDT
Is anyone aware that Sheriff McAllister's first appearance was during the second episode of the first season and he returned just now as a RJ suspect? 2  out of 9 found this valuable. Do you?    

0Signal
10286. RE: Who is Red John?
Oct 27 2013, 11:51 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 27 2013, 11:51 PM EDT
"We could only hear the girl say tattoo. And she had the 3 drops of blood on her upper arm/ shoulder which Jame smeared off. So i'm not sure what to make of that scene... gotta think about it more. Was Jane telling the truth to Lisbon??"
The victim deliberately draws the three dots on her shoulder. PJ wipes it off so nobody else will know she passed him the info
5  out of 6 found this valuable. Do you?    

GermanRedJane
10287. RE: Who is Red John?
Oct 27 2013, 11:54 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 27 2013, 11:54 PM EDT
Holy sh*t!
The promo for next episode:
http://www.spoilersguide.com/the-mentalist/season-6-episode-6-fire-and-brimstone-promo/
2  out of 6 found this valuable. Do you?    

JRH1234
10288. RE: Who is Red John?
Oct 28 2013, 12:12 AM EDT | Post edited: Oct 28 2013, 12:12 AM EDT
Just to cover my bases, I re-watched the episode Red Hot to see at the end, If Mashburn had a tattoo in his left shoulder. Alas, he didn't. The absence of a red tattoo is not conclusive; he could have gotten it afterwards. But sill, the presence of the tattoo would give Mashburn's suspicions a great deal more of a chance. Now, not so much. 2  out of 10 found this valuable. Do you?    
AlexLeeson
AlexLeeson
10289. RE: Who is Red John?
Oct 28 2013, 12:13 AM EDT | Post edited: Oct 28 2013, 12:13 AM EDT
Interesting interview with one of the writers, especially the part about the Tyger Tyger conspiracy.

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Mentalist-Red-John-Visualize-Ray-Haffner-1072592.aspx

5  out of 5 found this valuable. Do you?    

mental4mentalist
10290. RE: Who is Red John?
Oct 28 2013, 12:15 AM EDT | Post edited: Oct 28 2013, 12:15 AM EDT
I am newly posting on this forum, but I caught something after watching today's episode and I'm not quite sure what it could mean yet. Look at this screencap from the episode before last (S06E04): http://i.imgur.com/xuHHCdF.png

Something didn't sit right with me during this scene, and even more so now that the newest episode has been shown.

In that screencap, you can clearly see 6 bullet holes in Kirkland. However, in the newest episode, it is revealed that he is dead and "was shot 5 times". I'm not sure if it was an error on the directors part, or something else. Thoughts anyone?
1  out of 6 found this valuable. Do you?    

GermanRedJane
10291. RE: Who is Red John?
Oct 28 2013, 12:19 AM EDT | Post edited: Oct 28 2013, 12:22 AM EDT
"In that screencap, you can clearly see 6 bullet holes in Kirkland. However, in the newest episode, it is revealed that he is dead and "was shot 5 times". I'm not sure if it was an error on the directors part, or something else. Thoughts anyone?"
As I remember, Rigsby said "6 times".
You can rewatch it at ~26:30
6  out of 6 found this valuable. Do you?    

mental4mentalist
10292. RE: Who is Red John?
Oct 28 2013, 12:22 AM EDT | Post edited: Oct 28 2013, 12:22 AM EDT
"As I remember, Rigsby said "6 times"."
Just went back and watched, and you are correct. My mistake everyone!
Do you find this valuable?    
AlexLeeson
AlexLeeson
10293. RE: Who is Red John?
Oct 28 2013, 12:32 AM EDT | Post edited: Oct 28 2013, 12:32 AM EDT
Lol just noticed that the girl Red John killed had her toenails painted Red. :D 3  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    
Bunyan315
Bunyan315
10294. RE: Who is Red John?
Oct 28 2013, 12:44 AM EDT | Post edited: Oct 28 2013, 12:44 AM EDT
I checked back to the pilot episode, Season 1, and the coroner's assistant had the red tattoo on his left forearm. 3  out of 6 found this valuable. Do you?    

Investigation
10295. RE: Who is Red John?
Oct 28 2013, 1:12 AM EDT | Post edited: Oct 28 2013, 1:12 AM EDT
Sophie Miller stated multiple impressions of alias Jay Roth (Jay or J. Red). The following are but two:

"Mr. Roth came in complaining of a recent issue with severe acrophobia."

"However, there is every indication that his phobia issues are real whether acrophobia or some other issue remains to be seen."

Haffner stated he has arachnophobia - irrational fear of spiders
1  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    
First < Previous | 506 507 508 509 510 | Next > Last