Discussion: Dragnet influence on Cho character?Reported This is a featured thread

Showing 2 posts
boomer271
boomer271
Dragnet influence on Cho character?
Apr 20 2009, 10:47 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 20 2009, 10:47 PM EDT
Am I the only one who sees the similarity between Cho's mannerisms and Jack Webb's Sergeant Friday on the old Dragnet TV series? I am waiting for him to tell a witness, "Just the facts, ma'am . . . "
Seriously, I would be very interested to find out if Jack Webb and Dragnet had any influence on Cho's character portrayal, either to the writers or to the actor, Tim Kang. Feedback, anyone?
10  out of 10 found this valuable. Do you?    
Keyword tags: Cho Dragnet Kang Webb
meyati
meyati
1. RE: Dragnet influence on Cho character?
Apr 21 2009, 5:33 AM EDT | Post edited: Apr 21 2009, 5:33 AM EDT
I agree with you. It's not just that Cho is like that while investigating and interrogating-he's that way with his co-workers-which was another aspect of Sgt. Friday. I think that many of the earlier police officers talked that way direct to the point- Yes, Sgt. Friday said, "Just the facts, Ma'am...." Now on TV the police characters try to act more cuddley & human-as do real-life police department spokepersons. I get so tired of the rambling-that I wish that a reporter would say, "just the facts..." 6  out of 6 found this valuable. Do you?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on WikiFoundry Central.)