Discussion: He is Man, He is Mar... what does this mean?Reported This is a featured thread

Showing 1 - 20 of 51  |  Show  posts at a time
2 3 | Next
J-Me
J-Me
He is Man, He is Mar... what does this mean?
Apr 2 2009, 2:23 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 2 2009, 2:23 PM EDT
Does it mean Red John is a male? Is it unfinished? Is it an anagram? 6  out of 13 found this valuable. Do you?    
Keyword tags: None

Posted Anonymously
1. RE: He is Man, He is Mar... what does this mean?
May 5 2009, 9:00 AM EDT | Post edited: May 5 2009, 9:00 AM EDT
unfinished i believe. I think it should say he is many. 16  out of 21 found this valuable. Do you?    
Dela.Kotkin
Dela.Kotkin
2. RE: He is Man, He is Mar... what does this mean?
May 6 2009, 6:31 AM EDT | Post edited: May 6 2009, 6:31 AM EDT
Could be many things... I don't think that Jared wanted to write "many" or "man"
If you know, you're going to die you wouldn't write something as unhelpful.
I think it's part of a name...
10  out of 12 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
3. RE: He is Man, He is Mar... what does this mean?
May 6 2009, 10:37 AM EDT | Post edited: May 6 2009, 10:37 AM EDT
I think he was trying to say that he is married to someone they know. 11  out of 21 found this valuable. Do you?    
XxLunaxX
XxLunaxX
4. RE: He is Man, He is Mar... what does this mean?
May 7 2009, 5:39 PM EDT | Post edited: May 7 2009, 5:39 PM EDT
He Is Mar....
lets see backwords it is Ramsieh not a word and a terrible name...
He Is Mark.... nahh
i think He Is Many would make perfect sense!
6  out of 16 found this valuable. Do you?    
swebco
swebco
5. RE: He is Man, He is Mar... what does this mean?
May 9 2009, 7:19 AM EDT | Post edited: May 9 2009, 7:19 AM EDT
The best clue is one where you go "OK, that's what it meant." when the reveal is complete. They did a good job

Of course, I'm bleeding out, I don't think I am going to be as picky about grammar, making complete sentences, etc.

On the other hand--I have two--maybe I'm Red John and I'm just messin' with ya?????
1  out of 9 found this valuable. Do you?    

happyheroman
6. RE: He is Man, He is Mar... what does this mean?
May 25 2009, 5:14 AM EDT | Post edited: May 25 2009, 5:14 AM EDT
he is mar could stand for he is married, or the infamous he is man could of been he is many. the air writer in the season finale, could be apart of red johns cult. come on R and J companies how hard is it to come up with that one. the one thing that settles everything is that he is not married because he was dating that blind girl and he is a man because the girl said so. she is not deaf, just blind. sadly at the end of the finale jane has to kill the only lead to red john. the last scene, jane walks over to an orange tree,smiles and picks an orange. i kinda know what this means... jane knows who red john is 7  out of 12 found this valuable. Do you?    
patrickjane
patrickjane
7. RE: He is Man, He is Mar... what does this mean?
May 30 2009, 2:23 AM EDT | Post edited: May 30 2009, 2:23 AM EDT
maybe its red john saying "he is mad."
directed at patrick jane
3  out of 10 found this valuable. Do you?    

joanfisher72
8. RE: He is Man, He is Mar... what does this mean?
Nov 23 2009, 7:44 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 23 2009, 7:44 AM EST
"unfinished i believe. I think it should say he is many."
someone pointed out ep.1 season1 scene1: chaos outside victim's house, Jane observes teenage neighbor kid cuffed and perp walked to police car, and Coroner's hearse w/gurney & two attendants. One of them has HUGE grim reaper tattoo on forearm. That's Red John. later clues about Red John: he has hick cop accomplice, seduces a secretary who works at CBI, he poisons her BTW with just a smear of green goo--who knows that? A MORtician? A MORgue attendant?
2  out of 8 found this valuable. Do you?    

lee3178
9. RE: He is Man, He is Mar... what does this mean?
Nov 24 2009, 1:27 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 24 2009, 1:27 AM EST
Are we positive that Jared wrote it? Maybe the prostitute wrote the scribble and it is in some other language than English. 1  out of 8 found this valuable. Do you?    
Heavy.Mental
Heavy.Mental
10. RE: He is Man, He is Mar... what does this mean?
Jan 6 2010, 10:45 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 6 2010, 10:45 PM EST
Well i read somewhere that the guy that handed out the poison was in a police uniform, maybe what he meant was "He is Marshall" or something like that.. 9  out of 9 found this valuable. Do you?    
elibean1
elibean1
11. RE: He is Man, He is Mar... what does this mean?
Feb 7 2010, 5:04 AM EST | Post edited: Feb 7 2010, 5:04 AM EST
"he is mar could stand for he is married, or the infamous he is man could of been he is many. the air writer in the season finale, could be apart of red johns cult. come on R and J companies how hard is it to come up with that one. the one thing that settles everything is that he is not married because he was dating that blind girl and he is a man because the girl said so. she is not deaf, just blind. sadly at the end of the finale jane has to kill the only lead to red john. the last scene, jane walks over to an orange tree,smiles and picks an orange. i kinda know what this means... jane knows who red john is"
How does this mean that he knows who it is?

I'm just curious as to how sniffing an orange implies that he knows who red john is. ;) (no really, I'm not trying to be mean. XD)
7  out of 10 found this valuable. Do you?    

Morbi
12. RE: He is Man, He is Mar... what does this mean?
Feb 15 2010, 2:39 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 15 2010, 2:39 PM EST
she just wanted to write: "he is maniac!" =D 4  out of 9 found this valuable. Do you?    

RedScott
13. RE: He is Man, He is Mar... what does this mean?
Feb 17 2010, 7:58 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 17 2010, 7:58 PM EST
"How does this mean that he knows who it is?

I'm just curious as to how sniffing an orange implies that he knows who red john is. ;) (no really, I'm not trying to be mean. XD)"
in a deleted scene from season 1 ep 1 Jane tells the media and police that when they find red john he will live with his mother or sister in a blue house with a citrus tree out front. when he sees the orange tree jane knows he was right 5 years ago.
8  out of 8 found this valuable. Do you?    
Grace_1980
Grace_1980
14. RE: He is Man, He is Mar... what does this mean?
Feb 20 2010, 3:59 AM EST | Post edited: Feb 20 2010, 4:00 AM EST
Hmmmm... I think, the scene relates to the conversation he had with Lisbon before..... when she said: "you'd be dead", then he says something like: "but you'd have Red John". And then Lisbon kinda freaks out and says that he's talking bullcrap and he doesn't really want to die.
The scene with the orange tree means, that he realizes Lisbon was right: he doesn't wanna die. He picks the orange, smells it and sees that it's the little things that do make life beautiful, despite his past.
9  out of 12 found this valuable. Do you?    

johnion
15. RE: He is Man, He is Mar... what does this mean?
Feb 21 2010, 6:46 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 21 2010, 6:46 PM EST
"someone pointed out ep.1 season1 scene1: chaos outside victim's house, Jane observes teenage neighbor kid cuffed and perp walked to police car, and Coroner's hearse w/gurney & two attendants. One of them has HUGE grim reaper tattoo on forearm. That's Red John. later clues about Red John: he has hick cop accomplice, seduces a secretary who works at CBI, he poisons her BTW with just a smear of green goo--who knows that? A MORtician? A MORgue attendant?"
That's EXACTLY what I thought, especially when you have the DVD, just watch the deleted scene of this episode, there's a scene with red john arms, and you can clearly see that he is as old as the attendant that the camera hold on for 2 or 3 seconds.

Would explain a lot of things, and I thing he is a MORgue attendant would fit great.
1  out of 5 found this valuable. Do you?    

johnion
16. RE: He is Man, He is Mar... what does this mean?
Feb 22 2010, 2:20 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 22 2010, 2:20 PM EST
According to the Merriam-Webster dictionary, Mar means injured, hurt, damaged, impair. Maybe Red John is handicapped ? 16  out of 22 found this valuable. Do you?    
elibean1
elibean1
17. RE: He is Man, He is Mar... what does this mean?
Mar 13 2010, 9:22 AM EST | Post edited: Mar 13 2010, 9:22 AM EST
"Hmmmm... I think, the scene relates to the conversation he had with Lisbon before..... when she said: "you'd be dead", then he says something like: "but you'd have Red John". And then Lisbon kinda freaks out and says that he's talking bullcrap and he doesn't really want to die.
The scene with the orange tree means, that he realizes Lisbon was right: he doesn't wanna die. He picks the orange, smells it and sees that it's the little things that do make life beautiful, despite his past."
I think this makes more sense...I agree. :)
3  out of 6 found this valuable. Do you?    
elibean1
elibean1
18. RE: He is Man, He is Mar... what does this mean?
Mar 13 2010, 9:23 AM EST | Post edited: Mar 13 2010, 9:23 AM EST
"According to the Merriam-Webster dictionary, Mar means injured, hurt, damaged, impair. Maybe Red John is handicapped ?"
Wow, that makes a lot of sense. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that he is... :nod:
2  out of 6 found this valuable. Do you?    

xoxo96
19. RE: He is Man, He is Mar... what does this mean?
Apr 8 2010, 5:26 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 8 2010, 5:26 PM EDT
i think red john is janes dad. think about john is the oppiste of jane and pattricks dad would have the same sirname jane . 1  out of 15 found this valuable. Do you?    
2 3 | Next